At Gateway Dental, to take good care of you, we need to do things right!
Under the Health and Social Care Act Regulations 2010, all dentists must publish certain information. Some of this information is published in these web pages and some is found in notices at the Gateway Dental Practice.
- We comply with all National Guidance, Regulations and Legislation relating to the provision of dental care.
- To make the best use of resources, an administration charge is made for any appointment for private treatment or a cancellation made within 48 hours of the appointment.
- Everyone is entitled to treatment under the NHS but not all dental practices can accept new patients all of the time as they are limited by the size of their NHS contract so from time to time we may have to close our list to accepting new NHS patients. If you don’t attend for a period of 24 months or you fail to attend or cancel within 48 hours of your appointment on two occasions, we may need to review future provision of treatment. If we cannot offer you treatment under the NHS we will tell you what your options are.
- Everyone at Gateway Dental undergoes regular training in Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and the Management of Medical Emergencies.
- Bariatric: Are you over 21 stone / 133KG? Please note that the average dental treatment unit can only operate safely up to a maximum weight limit of 21 stone (133KG) before risk of serious injury to the patient or staff. If your weight is at this limit or higher, please let our staff know when booking your appointment. Where we are unable to safely treat patients due to their weight, we are able to make arrangements for you to be treated at another NHS facility, which our team will be happy to assist you with.
- We do not have STEP-FREE ACCESS to washroom facilities. If you need full facilities in premises with STEP-FREE ACCESS we can provide you with contact information.
- Data Protection: Our practice fully complies with the Data Protection Act 1998. It is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Officer under registration reference ZA108847. ICO Guide to Data Protection
- Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) and Publication Scheme: Our practice is committed to comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000. The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made.
The Publication Scheme is a guide to the information routinely made available to the public by our practice. It is not a complete list of publications since this will change as other things are produced, but it is a description of the classes of information that we provide.
Information covered by this scheme is only about the dental services we provide under contract to the National Health Service.
A full list of publication is available by contacting George Billis who is responsible for our Scheme.
- CCTV: The practice operates CCTV system for the purpose of patient and staff safety, staff training and improving quality.
- Patient Confidentiality: Our practice adheres to the standards for patient confidentiality as set out by our regulatory body the General Dental Council. Principles of Patient Confidentiality.
- Patient Safety Policy
- Code of Practice for Patient Complaints
- Terms and Conditions
- Pick the tooth up by the crown only (do not touch the root)
- Lick the tooth clean if it is dirty, or rinse it in water
- Stick the tooth back in position (adult teeth only). Never try to re-insert a baby tooth
- Bite on a handkerchief to hold it in place and go straight to the dentist If it is not possible to put the tooth back in position, place the tooth in milk and go straight to the dentist (out of hours go to A&E).
Tooth fragments can sometimes be stuck back into position. Find the fragment (keep it safe) and go to the dentist to see if it can be glued back into position. Don’t worry if you can’t find the fragment as a tooth-coloured filling can be used to build the tooth up. Further information : www.dentaltrauma.co.uk